- Every relationship is different, and sometimes one approach to this often-tricky conversation works better than another.
- It’s important to remember that communication is key in all relationships, and this is definitely something worth talking about.
- Be sure to be clear on your desires to become pregnant and openly listen to their response.
- Think about your partner’s current situation and whether a baby is financially possible for both of you. Do you think they’re ready to be a parent?
- Mention that you want to have a baby at some point in your life. Say that you’re ready now, but that you want your partner to be on board, too.
- Suggest talking about plans for the future and see where a baby could fit in.
- If you and your partner both want the relationship to work, you both need to be willing to accept each other’s wishes. Discuss when your partner might be ready.
- If this isn’t something your partner ever wants, you may need to talk about what’s in store for your future together.
Here are some helpful ways to start a conversation.