- It’s important to remember that communication is key in all relationships, and you both need to be honest about what you want.
- Suggest you and your partner visit the health clinic together to discuss options. Here, you’ll get all of the information you need to make an informed decision together.
- Hear your partner out and offer your own perspective, and try to find some middle ground, if possible.
- If you can’t reach an agreement, it’s time to discuss what the next steps are.
- Ultimately, it’s your body and your choice. Whatever decision you make is okay—just make sure you’re doing what you want and not just what your partner wants.
Here are some helpful ways to start a conversation.