- Being judged by your doctor is not okay. They’re supposed to provide you with judgment-free treatment options and advice.
- If you don’t like your doctor’s reaction, don’t panic. Talk to them about how their reaction is making you feel, or ask to see a different doctor.
- If you’re worried about confrontation, ask to get a second opinion about your STI diagnosis. Mention that this is still new to you, and you’re trying to get all the advice possible.
- Getting the help you need and deserve should be your main priority, and you shouldn’t have to worry about what others think.
- View our clinic finder to find health care providers that might interest you.
Here are some helpful ways to start a conversation.