- Depending on the situation, you’re going to get various reactions from your partner. It’s best to plan the conversation in your head and prepare for it to travel in any direction, expected or not.
- Think about how you got the STI, when you got it, and what that means for your relationship with your partner.
- You need to communicate clearly with your partner about your diagnosis, what your doctor said, and about the treatments available for you and your partner.
- Offer to go with your partner to get tested.
- The best thing you can do in this case is communicate. There are going to be a lot of emotions, and it’s best you stay calm and offer your partner the space if things get heated.
Here are some helpful ways to start a conversation.