- Communication is key in all relationships, and you both need to be honest about topics like birth control, especially if you got pregnant.
- Consider your timing and when/where you want to share the news with your partner.
- It’s best to do this in private when you’re both focused enough to contribute to the conversation.
- Be direct, open and honest. Say that you went off birth control and now you’re pregnant.
- Read the situation—they could be in complete shock at your admission.
- Things will work out naturally, and whatever happens is for the best. You can’t control the past, only how you communicate moving forward.
- Remember that you aren’t alone, and that you have options.
Here are some helpful ways to start a conversation.