- Telling your friends you’re pregnant can be tough. It’s okay if you feel nervous. Planning how you want to talk to them can help make things go smoother.
- Depending on how close you are with your friends, bring up all the times you’ve shared together and how you’ve been there for each other.
- Be clear on your expectations for them on regarding the information you are about to share. Are you okay with them telling other people? Do you want it to just stay between you all?
- Be honest about how you’re feeling about telling them. Ask them to put themselves in your shoes so they can better understand what you’re going through.
- You just have to say the words: I’m pregnant. Look at their reactions and tell them you just need support—that’s why you’re being so vulnerable and sharing this information with them.
- If your friends don’t give you the reaction you’re expecting or looking for, don’t get angry. You could say things you don’t mean, and that could turn the situation into something else entirely.
- Tell them you need some space to think and walk away from the conversation if it gets to this point.
Here are some helpful ways to start a conversation.