- Your health is extremely important, and any person lucky enough to be with you should respect and understand your boundaries and limits.
- Try bringing up the subject when you are not in the heat of the moment.
- Express your fears of getting an STI and ask your partner about their previous relationships and experiences.
- When the time comes for you to talk about yours, be completely honest.
- If your partner doesn’t have an STI, they shouldn’t have anything to worry about. Don’t take their word for it, though. Make sure you have a negative test to confirm.
- Communication is key in all relationships, and not every situation is the same. It’s best for you to stay aware, be honest, and not accept anything but the same for yourself.
Here are some helpful ways to start a conversation.