- While your well-being can affect your family, you’re already stressed enough, and just need the love and support from those who know you better than anyone else.
- Communicate with them, say that you feel judged or that they’re treating you differently, and that things are already hard enough as it is.
- Say that having their understanding and support would be more helpful than anything else right now—regardless of how they feel.
- If the conversation gets heated and they’re unwilling to change, walk away from the conversation to avoid getting into a bad argument and take some headspace.
- Your family may not understand what you’re going through, so confide in those you know will always have your back.
Here are some helpful ways to start a conversation.